Thursday

FRESH MUSIC #3: Black Kids


The Black Kids simply remind me of some 80's band with a great mixture of pop punk. Looks like a fun group but what really gets me about this band is their remixes! The Twelves from Brazil remix of "I'm Not Going To Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You" is pure fun and The Cansecos from Ontario are so smooth with their remix of "Hurricane Jane". Both of these songs can be heard on the Black Kids MySpace and trust me they just kill it. These are must buys if you are into Daft Punk or Justice at all. Of the two I enjoy The Twelves music the best. They just has a little more rhythm and an upbeat vibe that reminds me of a perfect Friday night. Well back to the Black Kids...

They "are an American indie pop band who formed in Jacksonville, Florida in 2006. Rolling Stone called them one of ten 'Artists to Watch' in 2008 and were also included in the BBC Top 10 Sound of 2008 poll." (Black Kids -- Wikipedia) They're getting really big in the BBC but I feel the US needs to show them some love. Their sound is unique enough for the average listener. Well their album "Partie Traumatic" drops July 22nd. Download it on iTunes.

Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend (Official)