Monday

Movie Review: WANTED


Okay, short review. If you want to go see an action packed summer blockbuster. Go see Wanted. If you want something with a deep and possibly true story like the Bourne Trilogy, be ready to be disappointed.

The movie is two things: Action Packed and Angelina Jolie's body worship. So I would give it a B- (without Jolie a solid C).

WANTED - Trailer



(IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEE THE MOVIE STOP HERE. ITS NOT A SPOILER ALERT BUT IT STILL MIGHT BE TOO MUCH INFO)


My biggest issue is the story/plot. It completely took me out of the film because it's way too corny and I guessed the twist half way through the film (my friend Cassidy can vouch for this because I told it to him while we were watching the movie). Okay so its based off a comic book. Cool. But in the comic book the league is a bunch of super villains not assassins. Okay. The assassins get the names of their targets from a cotton weaving loom. Wtf? Yep, its that stupid and after watching our hero go through all that crazy training, just to find out that the organization is insane because they get their orders from a cloth spinning machine that gives the names of their targets through a binary code hidden in the misplaced threads of the weave?! Are you serious?! Plus they never really explain how these Assassins never get caught, how their weapons work or really where their skills come from. NOTHING IS REALLY EXPLAINED EVER!

Honestly there are three redeeming factors about the movie. (1) The computer graphics are kind of cool. (2) Their biggest action scenes do blow you away like the Matrix did and (3) getting to see what I think IS Jolie's F-I-N-E ass. She is definitely the hottest woman alive because she is Angelina Jolie (plus they totally rewrote the screenplay to give her character more scenes).

I wouldn't go see it again but if it was on TV (uncensored) I would watch it. WANTED is a decent summer movie.