Monday

FRESH MUSIC: Asobi Seksu


"Asobi Seksu (colloquial Japanese for "casual sex", or more literally "fun sex") is an indie band based in New York City. Their music draws influence from the shoegazing genre, and similarly uses a textured and effects-heavy vocal and guitar sound. The band consists of Yuki Chikudate (vocals, keyboards) and James Hanna (guitar, vocals)."
Asobi Seksu -- Wikipedia


Their music plays on my Pandora Radio station but I didn't really notice until the Express mentioned that they would be playing in DC. So I ventured over to their MySpace and WOW. I love this. Besides my soft spot for Asian women, the band has a great soft poppy sound. It reminds me of a mix between The Bird and The Bee and BoA. So I wouldn't buy the album but definitely mixtape worthy.

Asobi Seksu - Thursday