Wednesday

Documentary: The Final Inch

Poliomyelitis, often called polio or infantile paralysis, is an acute viral infectious disease spread from person to person... Although around 90% of polio infections cause no symptoms at all, affected individuals can exhibit a range of symptoms if the virus enters the blood stream. In about 1% of cases the virus enters the central nervous system, preferentially infecting and destroying motor neurons, leading to muscle weakness and acute flaccid paralysis.
Poliomyelitis -- Wikipedia


The Final Inch Documentary



I had a hard time watching this without crying. NSFW, if you don't want your coworkers watching you bawl your eyes out. I am deeply moved by extraordinary people living extraordinary simple lives because of an illness or trauma. Its put your life in perspective and reminds you that you can never complain about anything... ever! God bless you all.

Well I'm not sure what I can do to help the cause. I've been looking for an organization to donate to and Global Polio Eradication Initiative seems to be the best place. Also I think Polio is one of the things that the Gates Foundation is working on.

So I'm taking what I learned from Push America and I'm spreading the awareness. Knowledge is power, so go ahead and email the video to a friend. It's the least you can do.