Monday

From Bracketology to Reality


I was sick this past weekend with strep/fever/cold so I was stuck in bed with nothing but the TV to keep me company. It was a good weekend to be bed-ridden thanks to March Madness. This year I had taken a full two days to finish my bracket. (I filled out three different brackets until I finally settled on one.) So I have Tennessee, Kansas, Texas and UCLA in my Final Four with Tenn as the champs. So far so good, but lets look at the real issue here.

Who ever set the bracket up may have numbered the teams wrong, because higher seeds are not playing like higher seeds. I've seen way too many close games. I'm not evening going to bother watching the 1st half because it seems like both teams aren't really ready till the 2nd half. It's mind boggling, how you can go 33-2 and some how not show up mentality to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. (augh!) Well I can't cover everyone but here is the blitz.

American - Great job guys. That was a real fight. We've earned some respect and I expect to see you next year with a higher seed too. Carr did what he needed to do. I still think Gilmore and Nichols are our best assets.

Villanova - I under estimated your freshmen. Scottie and the young guards are doing a great job. I figured your year would be next year, I'm sorry.

George Mason - It was almost like you lost the game on purpose. I turned it on with 10 minutes left in the first half. I watched how you were pushing the ball and not trying to set anything up. That's when I realized then that you had lost the game already and changed the channel.

Drake - WTF, if I hadn't watched all those ESPN highlights and tips I'd probably would have picked you as a first round knock out.

Duke - Duke hasn't been Duke in years. I don't care what you say. The media can hype them up all they want. Even with Tyler King I don't expect to see them in a Final Four for years.

Georgetown - Overrated. Simply overrated.

UNC - Thank you for playing like a number one seed. I originally had you picked as my champion but I'm playing the numbers game and went with Tennessee. You still got my respect though.

Davidson - Can someone beat them please? They're not that great of a team but Curry is on fire. He won't miss. If you let him shoot 50 shots, he will score 100 points. Wouldn't it be great if they win the whole thing? Cinderella. Cinderella.

Tennessee - Okay you big thee point shooting ballers, please please respect your opponents. You keep taking them lightly and that leads to a close game going down to the wire. I can't take it! Go out and kill like I know you can. UNC doesn't even know that their time is almost up.

Best Game (So Far) - Western Ky vs Drake. Its not so much the upset but the last second 3 pointer in overtime from a player who really shouldn't have taken the shot that tells you anything is possible.

Well I'm looking forward to the Sweet Sixteen since this has truly been March Madness. Man I love this game.


PS> I was so happy to spend Easter with my siblings. Mad love for the fam. We are blessed