Monday

New York, New Broke


So I'm supposed to be moving to New York City in 2010 to continue my pursuit of this "dream job." And my sister and one of my ex's have already made their way into the city chasing their personal plans for success. Well its just a little depressing to read about how unbalanced the living situation is in the big city since I've recently have become interested in my personal finances. I think 2009's motto will be about saving money. Though living in Washington DC (which was in the top five) might be a good training ground for frugal living.

"New York's diverse economy and highly-educated residents couldn't save it from sinking to the bottom due to its high cost of living and paychecks that just aren't "inflated" enough to make up the difference, the report stated."
New York is worst city to build wealth (survey) -- Yahoo