Thursday

Cause the truth is all there is...


I know more then I knew before. Thank you for breaking my heart.

Feist is so amazing. When I am going to travel I buy new music. Last night it was "The Reminder" and I love it. There are more singles to come from her. I hope she wins some Grammy's for honestly being beautifully talented. Favorite Tracks: "The Water" & "Past In Present"

Yes. I'm traveling!! It never happens. I'm flying solo to New Hampshire this weekend to spend time with my girlfriend's extended family. Should be a good time. A little awkward but a good time. It's a small town and kind of reminds me of Herndon back in the mid 90s without Reston.

Boo to rising ticket prizes for movies. More then $10? Are you serious? Inflation! Really. Some how I feel I'm being ripped off. Movies are really not getting any better except when it comes to computer graphics and stuff. Will you go to a movie if it costs $20 a ticket? I suggest you ask yourself now before its too late. These days you might as well wait until the DVD comes out. Man I need to go see more movies.

"One Evening" my new film is about 80% done. We're still editing but its coming along. I'm still having second thoughts about the industry. I might just stick with the editing thing and hope it pans out. Also I still need to do a thesis film. Any ideas?

I started playing World of Warcraft again. Even running my own guild which is growing steadily, Man Bear Pigs. Yes. I'm a geek but the new commercials really sold me on the idea. Plus Leif suggested I play during winter break because of no school and that my girlfriend would be up north. Basically now I stay up to 4 am almost every night since there is no one to tell me to go to bed. Oh god, the addiction....but seriously its keeping me busy. Besides its a reward for the off chance that I might actually get all A's this semester. It would be a first.

Jamie Lynn Spears is pregnant?!? Honestly its a reflection on their parents. I blame them. But Jamie congrats and thank you for being honest. I wish you the best. I usually don't write about celebrities but this one made me sad. Not the kind of sad when I found out that Jessica Alba was pregger but a different kind of sad thats depressing like a lost cause. Remember when Beyonce's little sister had that hit single and then got pregnant? Makes me wonder if Beyonce was pregnant at one point and something happened...cough cough..to the baby. We all know Beyonce doesn't fall either. I'm not hating. I too love her and enjoy her music. I just find it interesting. Its the story of little sister following big sister only does things a little too hard. Reminds me of a story from high school. Don't worry I'll keep it short....back in high school I was in a bunch of different clicks and this one group was filled with kids that were home schooled but outside of our church so I didn't really meet them or get to know them until my senior year, but i knew of them. Every click has that couple that is the perfect couple. Well at one party there is this gorgeous blonde that I had never seen. Total flirt and we all enjoyed it. Turns out one of my buddies was dating her. I was beyond surprised! He's an average joe and she was hot. Turns out she was the little sister of the girl from the perfect couple. Suddenly it all made sense and she wasn't that hot anymore. I still would flirt with her though.

I love Youtube. It's starting to get good again. For a while the humor was dry and the inspiration was missing. Keep making stuff guys. Hill88, I love you. I think I'm going to start making the The Cobrasnake Dead Season videos again, but I'm going to stick to the spontaneous way of making them. Maybe use music by The Album Leaf? Here is a link to one my most popular Cobrasnake videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaXLlXiKE-U

I sucked at fantasy football this year. I blew hard. But let's talk about Baltimore who blew harder then all of us when they lost to Miami! Miami for goodness sake! I was to looking forward to the ultimate match up between the Pats and the Dolphins. A 14-0 vs 0-14 and I wanted that to be the upset! Thanks for blowing a crazy season for all of us. I hope you loose the rest of your games. Miami please beat the Pats. With your record busted theirs should be too. Besides they tied the Miami season record. They need this win. GO TITANS!!!

Hopefully I will be writing my Year End review next time. It's been a good year. Up and down but positive. Cheers.


PS> I wrote a note to myself (I do this very often) about posting this in my next blog. I don't remember why but its something about people blowing up over racial jokes. Living life a little too seriously....

"They didn't want an apology," Keith added. "They wanted me out of there so they could launch the aftermath."

An investigation by campus authorities found that Keith had no intention of making a racist threat. No matter. He was on his way to being tarred as the campus arch-racist.

College officials declined to comment Friday but referred me to a statement saying they have no authority over hiring and firing of student newspaper staff members.

"We are angry," Lisa Dean, president of Association of Black Collegiates, a student group, told the Star Tribune for an article about the incident. "If we do not nip it in the bud, it will spread and a lot of students may not want to attend this college because of racism."

At the P.C. circus' surreal climax, Keith unknowingly walked into a protest rally where a crowd vented outrage at his bigotr. Meanwhile, administrators scrambled to use the incident as a "chance to educate our students."

Educate about what? You guessed it: "We want to educate around cultural understanding," Laura Fedock, interim associate vice president for academic and student affairs, told the Star Tribune. "We need to teach each other when something is offensive."

One wonders: Are students learning anything else?

How did Keith's light-hearted "get-your-assignments-in-on-time" joke flip the outrage switch?

The thinly veiled secret is that an incident like this is a godsend to campus political posturers and must be milked for all it's worth.

Today, a favorite college pastime is fanning the flames of grievance. Victimhood is a tremendous source of moral power, and being outraged and oppressed is a sure bet to get your picture in the paper -- displaying a look of grave concern for all humanity.

Keith points out the irony of using him as a device for such self-dramatization.

His best buddy in Iraq was a black Marine who fought side by side with him through three tours of duty, he says. "He wouldn't have had anything to do with me if I were a racist."